Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Looking Back on This Last Year

Wow.

What a year.

I'd started THM in April/May of last year, and lost 20 lb.
Yup.
After years of halfheartedly trying to lose weight.

I don't have my exact weight from last year, but I was about 200 lb. 
I weighed in on January first as 181 lb!

I've learned a lot more than just how to lose weight in this last year:

I was able to get a job as one of the cashiers for my college dining hall, and I've learned how to use a cash register!
(I had no idea they could be so finicky!)
I found crazy friends, and not so crazy friends.
I found out that reading large portions of the Bible only takes a two, three, four hours!
I found out that procrastinating on essays doesn't work (at least for over half of the time!).
I've found out that being away from my family is okay, there's always break!
I've found out that sleep is one of the most needed things while at college, and one of the most costly to lose.
I've found out that it's okay to not be on the computer very often, I can still get a lot done!
I've found out that writing a first draft is the hardest thing to write.
I've found out working on the second draft is a hilarious breath of fresh air.
I've found out that God is still good, no matter the problems I face.

Wow, the list could go on!
God is good!

My goal for this next year is to lose 20-30 lbs by next January, and hopefully start exercising more.
Well, at least the courage to exercise in my room!
I, for one, do not like it when there are people there to watch my pitiful attempts at sit-ups, push-ups, and other exercises.

I also found out in the month of January that I have to be careful with how I make the Singing Canary.
I added about a 1/4 tsp. Tumeric, and a LOT of vanilla. 
Too much vanilla.
I drank almost all of it, but ended up just dumping the last little bit (about two or so tall glasses worth if I'd added the extra water).

Well, I hope to post later this week on the THM building blocks!
See you then!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment