Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

My Journey Begins

My journey as a college student begins in a week. 
I'm very excited because I love to learn. 
But I'm also very nervous, for many reasons.

To start things off, I'm very human. 
I'm self concious, especially because I'm over weight. 
In fact, I have at least 65, maybe 70 pounds to lose.

Then there's health problems. . . 
My mom and I have studied multiple possibilities for my joint pain that I have, and we think I might have Chronic Lymes. 
We've gone to the doctors before about it, and they just say that it's because I'm over weight. 
Here's the thing: I'm naturally active. 
It's because of the joint pain that I'm over weight. 
The days that there's no pain, I'm outside gardening, dancing randomly while cleaning, doing other crazy things.

Then there's food. 
As you probably know already because of the title of this blog, I follow the Trim Healthy Mama way of life. 
I separate my Fats and my Carbs. 
I do not eat both kinds in a meal unless I'm purposefully eating a Crossover. 
It's really a yummy, do-able way of life. 
I'll post later on how this way of life works. 
I'm nervous though because I have to do a meal plan while in the dorms, so I'll have to figure out what I'll be eating each meal. 
Then there's snacks. . . 
What other than nuts will keep in my dorm room?

Then there's my writing. 
This past year I've gone through the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum. 
I believe I've found my future career, at least I hope so. 
I've already completed a novel (in under a year to boot), and I hope to write one every year unless God changes things. 
But because it takes time to get published, I've decided to try and get a double major in English and Pedagogy so that I'll have a way to survive!

Then there's my family. 
I've been homeschooled all my life in a big family, so I'm really close to a bunch of my siblings and my parents. 
I'm really hoping to not have homesickness while I'm gone. . . 
But I still have that fear that I'll never have the same relationships that I have with them right now. 
Of course it's an unrealistic fear, we all change. 
I know that. 
But I still have that fear.

I'm super excited for the years to come. 
I'll be posting an over view every weekend on how I do each week, and odd posts when ever I can during the rest of the time.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.
God Bless!
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment